- Pantone has picked Very Peri as its colour of the year 2022.
- Selfridges, the iconic London department store, has been sold to a Thai retailer and an Austrian property company.
- Elle magazine has announced it will stop using fur in all its editorial and advertising content worldwide, becoming the first major publication to do so.
- Allure announces that peach make-up will be one of Spring 2022’s top beauty trends.
- Fashion platform Lyst reports a 45% lift in sales and searches related to baseball caps since October 2021, when the third season of the award-winning show Succession hit our screens.
- Y2K, skinny jeans, and Harry Styles, were among the top trending fashion searches on Google in 2021.
- The resale market is booming, and watches in particular have risen to the top of the most-wanted list.
- Gucci and The North Face have teamed up for a second time for a collection of ready-to-wear, soft accessories, luggage, and shoes.
- A new study links LVMH, Zara, Nike, and other major fashion brands to deforestation of the Amazon.
- From 29 January to 15 May, six Paris museums will pay tribute to Yves Saint Laurent to mark the 60th anniversary of the designer’s first collection.
Fun Fashion Quote
Let’s start this new year with a quote by creative director Libby DeLana on Cup of Jo that made me smile so much:
“I went gray when I was 32. It was salt and peppery, and I knew that it would take time and money to dye it. Then, one day, this little girl came up and said, ‘Your hair is like glitter! It has magic in it.’ And I thought, that’s right! It is magic. Now, it’s who I am.”