- Katie Sturino just published her first book, Body Talk, with which she wants “to help women break up with body shame and to forge a stronger relationship with the body they have through ‘homework’ and moments of comical honesty.”
- Refinery29 reports that pillow sandals — flip-flop and slide-style sandals with padded, pillow-like straps — are trending.
- Levi’s launderette model and singer Nick Kamen has passed away at age 59.
- Ephemeral, a tattoo studio in Brooklyn, specializes in tattoos with real tattoo ink but that disappear after about 9 to 15 months.
- Here’s a peek at Reese Witherspoon’s new Draper James collaboration with Lands’ End.
- Meanwhile Zara is collaborating with Fruit of the Loom for a loungewear capsule collection.
- It has also launched its own full beauty collection.
- Shoephoria!, a new exhibition at the Fashion Museum in Bath in the UK, features footwear from across four centuries, from red velvet mules to sneakers.
- Here’s a first look at Valentino’s debut make-up collection.
- After a brief hiatus, designer Christian Siriano is returning to bridal wear with a collection of wedding dresses, suiting and separates for 2021 and 2022 nuptials.
- New brand Rebundle wants to give black people better options for braiding hair.
- Crocs are being heralded as the shoes of the Summer, and are in such high demand that they are giving sneakers a run for their money in the second-hand market.
Fun Fashion Quote
I love what Katie Sturino says here in her Week of Outfits feature on Cup of Jo:
“As you can see, I like my colors BRIGHT. Fashion often pushes women — especially plus-size women — to wear black. Like we’re supposed to hide inside that lack of color. I have plenty of friends who do prefer to wear all black or all grey, but that’s just not my vibe. There is no destination when it comes to size. So often women live as if life will start when they lose 10 pounds or if they achieve a certain pant size. The truth is that if you don’t accept your body as you are, you will never get off the merry go round. I just wear what makes me happy.”