- For the first time in its history, jeweller Tiffany & Co. has launched engagement rings for men.
- PopSugar reports that soda sandals — defined by their thick platform base, strappy thong attachment, and uberhigh arch — are making a comeback.
- StyleCaster on the other hand, announces that flared leggings are officially back.
- Valentino is joining its high-end luxury peers, and is launching a make-up line.
- Have a peek at the Erdem for Universal Standard capsule collection that focusses primarily on denim.
- Sales of Crocs soared in the first three months of the year, as the rubber shoe brand celebrated record demand from shoppers seeking comfortable footwear during the pandemic.
- Prabal Gurung is branching out into bridal wear.
- Kate Spade and Dr. Scholl’s have teamed up again for a capsule collection consisting of two pairs of playful sandals.
- H&M is launching a suit rental service, ONE/SECOND/SUIT, that allows men to borrow a suit, free of charge for 24 hours, for that all important first impression during job interviews.
- Fashion designer Alber Elbaz has died at age 59 of Covid-19.
- According to a recent announcement from the Travel Security Administration (TSA), airplane passengers can now travel with full-sized bottles of sunscreen in their carry-on bags.
- Following last year’s cancellation due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Met Gala is returning with a two-part celebration of American fashion.
- Girlfriend Collective is bringing out an eco-friendly swimwear collection in sizes XXS through 6XL.
Fun Fashion Quote
I’m still thinking about this quote on aging from Suzanne Moore I read in The Guardian a while ago:
“A lot of rubbish is talked about getting older. Nora Ephron is the go-to person for women with crepey necks. Me? I prefer Ursula K Le Guin: ‘I am not ‘in’ this body. I am this body. Waist or no waist.’ That is a life lesson I would like every girl to learn. Le Guin also said: ‘Erase my age, you erase my life — me.'”