- H&M and ’90s jeans brand Lee are launching a size-inclusive, sustainable denim collection.
- Black-owned fashion label Telfar has won the Fashion Design of 2020 award from London’s Design Museum for its vegan-leather, gender neutral shopping bag.
- Topshop’s flagship store in London has closed its doors for good.
- Satya Paul, the Indian fashion designer who invented the modern sari and pioneered the ‘trouser sari’, has died at the age of 79.
- Levi’s is collaborating with Target on a denim-inspired home goods collection.
- Refinery29 reports that cabincore is this season’s trending aesthetic.
- A study from beauty company Sephora found that racial profiling leads minorities to shop online rather than in stores.
- The New York Times and Esquire have coined ‘hate-wear’ and ‘sadwear’ as terms for the ways people are expressing their pandemic frustration through clothes.
- Activewear brand Athleta is branching out into sleepwear.
- Nancye Radmin, a pioneer of plus-size fashion who for two decades ran an upscale chain of stores that served a group of women who had otherwise been overlooked by high fashion, has passed away at age 82.
- The Guardian explains why pink is the ‘statement-making’ hair colour trend of the pandemic.
- Dove is introducing its first-ever refillable deodorant.
Fun Fashion Quote
This quote from critical care nurse Marianne Merza on not saving clothing items to wear for good only made me smile:
“In the past, I’ve kept pieces in my closet, holding out for the right occasion, but since this year has been so grueling, I’ve been trying to create special moments for myself. This dress is something I’d now wear on a walk around my neighborhood. It’s such a special dress, but what am I waiting for? I’m going to wear it to Trader Joe’s!”