- Jason Wu is bringing out a more size-inclusive line – with sizes from 0-32 — in collaboration with QVC.
- People are reacting very strongly to the green coat that Nicole Kidman is wearing on TV show “The Undoing”.
- Former Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh has died at age 46.
- Prince Charles and Net-a-Porter have launched a sustainable fashion collection to support textile students in the UK and Italy.
- Stores in China are facing backlash over inappropriate label for large clothing sizes.
- Slovenian inventor Peter Florjancic, who created the compact perfume spray that is still in use today, has passed away at age 101.
- Thanks to the current season of TV series “The Crown” about the British royals, “Sloane Ranger style”, aka the “Diana look” is back.
I really liked what Allison Rhone said about her relationship to beauty in her My Beauty Uniform interview on Cup of Jo:
“As I approach my 40s, I feel the best I have in my life. It makes me think of how much time I spent hating what I looked like. For years, I felt too Black, too big, that my features weren’t right, that I just wasn’t inherently right. The last few years for me have really been about acceptance. I find the more I shave off societal ideals, the more beautiful I feel. Being in digital media is such a joy because there are places to go that are not society’s mainstream idea of beauty. I’ll get more from a Twitter thread of Black women showing what they look like, more than a popular magazine. It’s a radical act for a Black woman to love herself. I try to be radical every day now.”