- Bobbi Brown has launched a brand-new cosmetics line called Jones Road.
- After founder Leandra Medine Cohen stepped back from Man Repeller in June, the website is now ceasing operations completely.
- Madewell is dipping its toes into athleisure with its new MWL (“Make Weekends Longer”) collection.
- Saks Fifth Avenue is approaching holiday windows a little differently this year.
- Comfort clothing brand Cuddl Duds is bringing out a line of scrubs and underscrubs.
- The Guardian reports that pink has emerged as 2020’s colour of political protest.
- Marks & Spencer has started selling the Nobody’s Child label — an independent eco-fashion brand — on its website as part of a plan to reinvigorate its struggling clothing arm.
- Eco-friendly footwear brand Allbirds has launched its first-ever clothing collection.
- A “Killing Eve”-inspired fashion line is in the making.
- Levi’s has launched a buy-back and resale programme which will allow customers to buy pre-owned Levi’s pieces directly from the brand for prices ranging from $30 to $100.
- Renowned Japanese designer Kenzo Takada has died aged 81 after contracting Covid-19.
- Mango is working alongside its suppliers to eliminate plastic bags from its supply chain by the end of 2021.
Did you know that make-up artist Lillian Brown, who passed away at age 106, was not only the preferred make-up artist of nine American presidents, but also advised on diction, apparel, and scene setting. I found this article detailing her life and career very interesting.