- Birkenstock is launching a skincare line featuring its hero shoe material.
- Lululemon has teamed up with Roksanda for its first high-fashion collection.
- Last week Nordstrom opened a 320,000-square-foot store in New York City.
- California will become the first US state to ban the sale and manufacture of new fur products.
- Footwear designer Tamara Mellon introduces an innovative new sizing system for knee-high boots.
- Chloé has announced a three-year partnership with Unicef in aid of gender equality.
- London’s V&A Museum will host Europe’s first major exhibition on kimonos.
- Everlane has launched ReCashmere, a knitwear line made from old sweaters.
- Universal Standard and Adidas are collaborating on activewear.
- An Yves Saint Laurent documentary with footage of the designer in the last decade of his life will be shown in movie theaters 20 years after it was filmed.
Fun Fashion Quote
Angie and I both love this message from Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen:
“Some day I just feel like breaking as many fashion rules as I can in one outfit. If you’re short, don’t wear wide-leg pants. If you’re short wear heels to elongate your legs, especially with wide-leg pants. If you’re short-waisted don’t wear high-waisted pants they will only shorten your torso further. If you have a tummy for goodness sake cover that thing up especially if you have *gasp* stretch marks. And if you’re over 40 you shouldn’t even THINK about any of these fashion trends!! Sorry world, I’m 44 and have very few effs left to give. Life is too short to not enjoy what you wear so I’m going to wear alllll the things and break alllll the rules. And you know what? Everywhere I went in this outfit, fellow women complimented me. It can be stylish to be a rule breaker!”