- Stella McCartney has launched a UN charter for sustainable fashion.
- ‘Living Coral‘ is Pantone’s colour of the year 2019.
- Raf Simons is stepping down from his role as chief creative officer at Calvin Klein after two years.
- ASOS has released a collection for fuller-busted women.
- Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad is filming a documentary that will focus on her private life, as well as the professional persona she presents to the world.
- Blake Nordstrom, co-president of Nordstrom, has passed away at age 58.
- Sustainable fashion brand Reformation’s denim collection is now available in sizes up to size 24.
- Chanel has announced it will stop using exotic skins in their future creations.
- A TV show based on British Vogue in the ’90s is in the works.
Fun Fashion Fact
“Button-down shirts, like button-up shirts, have buttons running straight down the center of the front of the shirt. But button-downs have an extra set of small buttons right below the collar, and corresponding button holes on the collar tips, to fasten the collar down to the shirt”
According to Business Insider, button-downs were originally made for polo players so they could fasten their collars to their shirts during matches to keep collars from flapping up around their faces while they were playing.