- Furla and Versace are joining the growing list of luxury labels who are going fur-free.
- Renowned street style photographer Bill Cunningham wrote a memoir that will be published in September 2018.
- Mattel has modelled its latest Barbie doll after 96-year-old style icon Iris Apfel.
- Yesterday the Marimekko for Uniqlo collection hit the stores.
- French fashion designer Hubert de Givenchy, who dressed Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy, and who was famous for his take on the “little black dress,” has passed away at age 91.
- CoEdition, a new plus-size fashion website, aims to be the Shopbop of plus sizes.
- Depop, the British resale shopping app, is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in LA, with more locations in the works.
- Everlane is branching out into underwear.
- Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James is teaming up with Eloquii for a plus-size capsule collection for Spring and Summer.
Fun Fashion Quote
“I’ve bought only two items of clothing since Christmas and I’ve pledged to acquire no more dresses until autumn at the absolute earliest. This is partly a shifting change in priorities (there comes a time in one’s life when a boiling-water Quooker tap is a more desirable luxury than a pair of posh stilettos), but mainly because I have a wardrobe full of clothes that I love and I feel more inclined to wear what I already own than I do to chase disposable trends, spend precious cash and contribute needlessly to landfill. Wearing things to death isn’t ‘recycling’, as the tabloids call it — it’s doing what we’re supposed to do. Besides, wearing a favourite dress is like meeting up with an old friend and remembering how fabulous their company makes you feel. It’s respecting and honouring what you have, feeling confident in your own skin and accepting that you don’t need to pay a premium to be good enough. You already are and so is your frock.”