- Tommy Hilfiger is now also making clothing for adults with disabilities: “The clothes are designed to make them more easily wearable for people who use wheelchairs and/or people with prosthetics, movement limitations and other considerations.”
- Nordstrom has partnered with Give Back Box to launch a clothing donation programme.
- Starting next year, Gucci will stop using fur in its designs. The fashion house will auction its remaining merchandise for animal rights charities.
- Hervé L. Leroux, the French designer who created the famous Hervé Leger bandage dress, has passed away at age 60.
- Madewell is branching out into beauty products.
- Harper’s Bazaar is celebrating its 150th anniversary with an exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum that pays tribute to the magazine’s female photographers.
- eBay has rolled out eBay Authenticate, a new programme allowing sellers to opt in to have their goods verified as authentic.
- White House Black Market has started carrying plus sizes.
- Kate Lanphear is replacing Nina Garcia as the creative director of Marie Claire.
Welcome! Read about what to wear and how to wear it on the YLF Blog. Join the YLF Forum to ask specific questions or just chat about fashion and personal style. Or check out the curated list of things we love in YLF Finds.