- Dior has hired Maria Grazia Chiuri as the fashion house’s new artistic director.
- New York City’s northeast corner of 57th Street and Fifth Avenue will be temporarily named for longtime fashion photographer Bill Cunningham, who passed away last month.
- Theory is launching its first full-fledged handbag collection.
- Lane Bryant is teaming up with Prabal Gurung for its next designer collaboration.
- Greenpeace reveals the most, and least, eco-friendly fashion brands.
- In the Fall exhibit, “Masterworks: Unpacking Fashion“, the Costume Institute will showcase 60 of its most significant acquisitions made over the past decade.
- Here’s a first look at the Kenzo for H&M collection.
- ASOS has created formalwear for the British paralympic team.
- Olivier Theyskens is relaunching his namesake label, and plans to bring out two collections a year.
- For its “Denim Every Day” programme, Madewell is working with Vans and several other other brands.
Diane von Furstenberg got the idea for her bestselling wrap dress after she saw Julie Nixon Eisenhower sporting one of her wrap tops paired with one of her skirts on TV. It became an instant hit in the 1970s. Over the years, the design has undergone slight alterations, but has continued to sell out up until today.