- The Missoni exhibition at the London Fashion and Textile Museum explores the connection between the brand’s designs and modern and contemporary art.
- Canada Goose has plans to open its first two stand-alone stores in Toronto and New York City this Fall.
- H&M joins forces with Kenzo for its next designer collaboration which will be in stores on November, 3.
- After the successful relaunches of the Stan Smith and Superstar sneakers, Adidas Originals will now also reissue the 1991 version of the Gazelle.
- Designer Jonathan Saunders becomes Chief Creative Officer at Diane von Furstenberg.
- “Uniformity“, a new exhibition at The Museum at Fit, “probes our relationship with uniforms as markers of authority, servitude, sport, and style.”
- Speedo has unveiled the swimsuits for the USA Olympic team.
- H&M and Bloglovin’ are launching a global blogging mentorship programme with Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine.
- Hudson Bay Company will open 20 stores in the Netherlands at the beginning of 2017.
- Levi Strauss has teamed up with startup company Evrnu for the world’s first jeans made up of more than 50% post-consumer cotton waste.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the word “seersucker” comes from the Persian phrase for “milk and sugar”, šir o šakar. Some people weren’t sure of the practicality of seersucker fabric. So legend has it that Joseph Haspel Sr., who introduced the seersucker suit to the U.S. around 1909, waded into the ocean sporting his suit, “hung it up to dry and wore it to an official banquet dinner that night, looking sharp as ever.”