- Adidas is introducing Avenue A, a quarterly subscription box for “the fitness fanatic who loves to be surprised.”
- Earlier this month, Polyvore rolled out a new category: menswear.
- J Brand and French contemporary brand Comptoir des Cotonniers are teaming up for a capsule collection.
- Pantone’s top 10 colours for Fall 2016 include several muted tones.
- Paris department store Le Bon Marché is staging an Iris Apfel exhibition.
- London-based label Teatum Jones is the winner of the 2015/16 International Woolmark Prize for womenswear.
- Here’s a first look at the Uniqlo x Liberty London capsule collection.
- Have you seen the trailer for the new Vogue documentary, The First Monday in May?
- In a study by Market Force, Nordstrom was chosen as shoppers’ favourite fashion retailer for the fourth consecutive year.
- ModCloth now has its own in-house swimwear line, which includes 13 styles with Liberty of London prints.
- On March, 4 Ted Baker is opening a store in Seattle‘s shopping plaza Bellevue Square.
- Amazon is building out a team to make private label goods, and is already selling seven private label fashion brands on its website.
- Livia Firth has turned designer, and is bringing out an eco-conscious capsule collection in collaboration with Marks & Spencer.
- Alexander McQueen is launching a fragrance house and comes out with a new scent: McQueen Parfum.
- The “Missoni, Art, Color” exhibition is coming to the London Fashion and Textile Museum.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Jack Nicholson, a fan of British designer Margaret Howell, insisted on wearing a Margaret Howell corduroy jacket from his personal wardrobe for his role in the 1980’s movie The Shining. Because the jacket would be worn for the majority of the film, director Stanley Kubrick promptly ordered eleven duplicates. In 2011 the jacket was updated and reissued.