- Iris Apfel has teamed up with Wise Wear for a line of wearable tech that looks like real jewellery.
- H&M is launching a collection of eco-friendly skincare products.
- In other news, the Swedish retailer is planning to open 425 more stores worldwide in 2016.
- André Courrèges, the innovative French fashion designer, passed away on January, 7.
- This month we sadly also had to say goodbye to legendary musician, pop chameleon and fashion icon David Bowie.
- For its next fashion collaboration Target has teamed up with spinning giant SoulCycle.
- Grace Coddington is shifting roles at Vogue. She will continue on as Creative Director at Large and take on outside projects.
- An Alexander McQueen biopic is in the works.
- Manolo Blahnik will also be profiled in an in-depth documentary.
- Here’s a first look at the new Uniqlo and Christophe Lemaire Spring collection.
- Mattel is adding tall, curvy and petite body types to its Barbie doll line.
- Two museums dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent are opening in 2017.
- This Summer, Athleta is introducing Athleta Girl, a line for girls aged 6 to 14.
- According to Canadian research group Corporate Knights, Adidas, H&M, and Marks & Spencer are among the world’s most sustainable corporations.
- J.Crew just launched its first full-fledged sunglasses collection.
- Guess has released smart jeans that promise to moisturize and calm your Winter-dry legs.
- Uber is planning to make same-day deliveries in select U.S. cities for retailers like Nordstrom, Rent the Runway, and Cole Haan.
Fun Fashion Fact
French industry legend André Courrèges is credited as the inventor of the miniskirt (together with Mary Quant) and famous for his go-go boots. But did you know he was also one of the first designers to popularize pants for women and make them a high-fashion item, appropriate for formal and business attire.