- For the first time ever, Pantone chose two colours as the Pantone colour of the year for 2016: Rose Quartz and Serenity.
- For its next collaboration Uniqlo is teaming up with Liberty London.
- In other Uniqlo news: the Japanese brand’s is teaming up again with Carine Roitfeld for a second collection that will be in stores in February 2016.
- French company Veja is producing a sneaker made of recycled plastic bottles.
- Banana Republic fans will be able to buy limited-edition items straight off the runway immediately after its Fall 2016 show at New York Fashion Week on February 13.
- Earlier this month, Everlane launched “Mini“, an 11-piece collection for kids.
- According to Yahoo! Style, the Hermès Apple Watch was this year’s most talked about fashion and tech collaboration.
- London-based brand Jonathan Saunders is closing shop after the Scottish designer announced he is stepping down as creative director at his namesake label.
- Vogue published a report on how fashion fared in diversity in 2015.
- Raf Simons was the most Googled fashion designer of the year. Check out the rest of the top 10 here.
- Singer Beth Ditto is launching her own plus-size fashion line, which will be inspired by her love of prints, silks, embroidery, and vintage.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the cup system for bras was developed in 1929 by the Maidenform Brassiere Company. (NSFW) “This new form of measurement offered more comfortable and accurate fitting, and coincided with the development of a new type of elastic thread by Dunlop chemists (Lastex), which had the flexibility and strength to offer support instead of heavy boning and lacing.”