- Demna Gvasalia of French brand Vetements is succeeding Alexander Wang as artistic director at Balenciaga.
- Target is being applauded for featuring “plus-size” male model Zach Miko in the website’s big and tall section.
- Amazon is now also selling homemade jewellery and home decor items made by artisans, which led to Etsy stock falling 6.1 percent.
- Livia Firth has curated an ethical capsule wardrobe collection for Marks & Spencer “to meet the working woman’s needs”.
- Marisa Webb is stepping down as Banana Republic’s creative director but will stay on as a creative adviser.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that false eyelashes became a common beauty tool in 1916 when film director D.W. Griffith wanted actress Seena Owen’s eyes to look “twice as large and supernatural” for the movie Intolerance. So he asked his wigmaker to glue a pair of eyelashes made from human hair onto Owen’s eyelids with spirit gum. Within a decade, false lashes became standard equipment for actresses and flappers.