- Fun news for the Boden fans: The British retailer plans to open a number of brick-and-mortar stores in the UK and the US.
- A new exhibition at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn explores activism in the garment industry.
- Madewell’s online store is now shipping to more than 100 countries globally, across Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East and South America.
- Racked has more info on Carine Roitfeld’s clothing collection for Uniqlo that launches on 29 October.
- Kate Spade snagged Gloria Steinem for a cameo appearance in the latest episode of their Anna Kendrick video series.
- The “Liberty in Fashion” exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum celebrates the London store’s 140th anniversary.
- JCPenney introduces “The Boutique” which will offer more contemporary clothing options in sizes 14W to 24W, and 1X to 3X, both online and in brick-and-mortar stores.
Fun Fashion Fact
The world-renowned Liberty store on London’s Great Marlborough Street is celebrating its 140th anniversary this year. Did you know that the building with its mock-Tudor façade, designed by Edwin T. Hall and his son Edwin S. Hall in 1924, was constructed from the timber of two Royal Navy battleships, HMS Impregnable and HMS Hindustan.