- Sorel is branching out into outerwear with a collection of coats and parkas for men and women.
- Australian Uniqlo fans: the Japanese retailer is opening two stores in Brisbane.
- Topshop is bringing out a capsule collection made entirely of leftover fabrics and materials.
- Vans has teamed up with Los Angeles footwear designer Charlotte Stone for a line of eco-friendly sneakers derived, in part, from salvaged plastic bottles.
- Alexander McQueen: Blood Beneath the Skin, the first full-length biography on the late British designer, is out now.
- Burberry is launching a fully customizable ‘scarf bar’ that allows you to design a completely personalized cashmere scarf.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Alfred Shaheen is credited with launching Hawaii’s garment industry. Hawaiian prints used to be designed in Hawaii, but made on the U.S. mainland. Importing the fabrics back to Hawaii often led to 10-month wait times, so Shaheen built his own factory to manufacture the garments. His company also created the first woven metallic fabrics, that were salt water-resistant and machine washable.