- The new Evans collection out now features signature pieces from established and up-and-coming designers.
- Marta Marques and Paulo Almeida have won the second annual LVMH Prize for young designers.
- Kohl’s is testing a new outlet store concept that allows customers to buy returned items at deeply discounted prices.
- Vivienne Westwood partners with the Cambridge Satchel Company for three limited-edition bags inspired by her 1981 Pirate collection.
- Cher is the star of Marc Jacobs’ 2015 Fall/Winter campaign.
- Tory Burch, Sara Blakely and five other fashion entrepreneurs made Forbes’ first list of America’s Richest Self-Made Women.
- The True Cost, a documentary by Andrew Morgan that looks at the human and environmental cost of fast fashion, opens in theatres today.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that fuller style panties are popular with millennials and Generation Y consumers. According to research company NPD Group “Sales of thongs decreased 7 percent over the last year, while sales of fuller styles — briefs, boy shorts and high-waist briefs — have grown a collective 17 percent.” Erica Russo, the fashion director for accessories, cosmetics and intimate apparel at Bloomingdale’s, adds “that indeed there has been a ‘shift in the business’. The trend is in line with the higher-waist and roomier pants styles that have dominated fashion this season. Perhaps motivated by the same kind of contrarianism that helped elevate Birkenstocks and fanny packs, young women are embracing ‘granny panties’ — and not just for laundry day.”