- H&M has announced that they are joining forces with Balmain for their next limited-edition capsule collection.
- Peter Pilotto has won the very first Swarovski Collective award for his Spring and Fall 2015 collections.
- “Riviera Style“, an exhibition celebrating swimwear from the past 100 years opens today in London’s Fashion and Textile Museum.
- Nordstrom customers can now use the new shop by text programme to purchase items on their phone.
- After this year’s May issue, Lucky Magazine will become a quarterly publication, which is being described as “a cross between the current Lucky and the brand’s annual Special Interest Publication.”
- Target’s next designer collaboration is a line of customizable jewellery, accessories and wall art by Eddie Borgo.
- Gap partners with Zalando to bring part of their collections for women, men, kids and babies to 14 European countries.
Fun Fashion Fact
Cosmetics brand Maybelline celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. Did you know that the company was founded by then 19-year-old Tom Lyle Williams who named the company’s very first product, a mascara, after his sister Mabel. It was inspired by how she used to apply a mixture of Vaseline and coal dust to her eyelashes to give them a darker, fuller look.