- For its first-ever designer collaboration, Athleta is teaming up with Derek Lam.
- Vogue was named magazine of the year at The National Magazine Awards on Monday evening.
- A new exhibition explores how wearable technology is redefining clothing and driving brand innovation.
- Target is opening 15 new stores this year, with the one in Boston being the first CityTarget location on the East Coast.
- Scandal fans: The Limited is launching another collection inspired by the TV show’s heroine, Olivia Pope.
- New York City is getting its own standalone menswear fashion week.
- Madewell will start selling some of its merchandise via Nordstrom and Net-a-Porter. The retailer will also open 15 extra standalone stores this year, and will begin shipping internationally through its e-commerce site.
Fun Fashion Fact
According to The Guardian, American sailors were the first to adopt flared trousers in the 19th century. “It is believed that this may have been for practical purposes. They made it easier to snag a man who had fallen overboard and easier to remove when wet.”