- Europe’s largest online fashion retailer Zalando plans to start selling clothes from Gap in Europe.
- Zappos is testing the brick-and-mortar waters with a holiday pop-up store in Las Vegas.
- Melissa McCarthy turns designer, and is working on a casual sportswear line for Fall 2015.
- A new Tate Britain exhibition will show behind-the-scenes photos of Alexander McQueen working on his last Fall collection.
- Theory is branching out into accessories with its first official handbag and footwear collection.
- eBay and Rebecca Minkoff bring us the digital mirror-equipped store which aims to “integrate aspects of online shopping with the most traditional form of retail gratification: actually being there”.
Fun Fashion Fact
The 1974 movie adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel The Great Gatsby won an Academy Award for Best Costume Design. Did you know that the costumes for the male characters — Robert Redford’s pink suit included — were created by Ralph Lauren.