- What do you think of the Banana Republic Summer 2015 collection that was presented in NYC on Tuesday?
- Outdoor Voices becomes the first activewear brand to be sold at J.Crew.
- Yesterday, Stella McCartney received the Women’s Leadership Award from the Lincoln Center Corporate Fund.
- Animal rights organisation Peta has teamed up with London department store Liberty to collect and donate real-fur coats to the homeless.
- Jean Paul Gaultier has designed a bomber jacket that can be transformed into a backpack and vice versa for Eastpak. It will be auctioned off on December, 1, and the proceeds will benefit Designers Against Aids.
- Kenneth Cole and Jill Martin have broken a Guinness Record with the creation of a 6 feet, 2 inches tall model of the designer’s Fall 2014 Otto boot.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Japanese retailer Uniqlo supplied uniforms for South Korea, Singapore and Japan in the 2013 Special Olympics. These included “down and fleece jackets, fleece-lined cargo pants, and several items from Uniqlo’s popular Heat Tech line of thermal inner wear”.