- Starting 9 July, Net-a-Porter is branching out into activewear. The appropriately named Net-a-Sporter will carry 37 brands covering 11 types of sports.
- Check out this already much talked about collab: Nicolette Mason has teamed up with ModCloth for an 11-piece capsule collection.
- DKNY plans to expand its business within the Middle East region, and this week presented its Summer 2014 Ramadan Capsule Collection.
- This Fall, the “Death Becomes Her” exhibition at the Met’s Costume Institute will focus on mourning attire in the Victorian and Edwardian era.
- Ugg is branching out into the tween market with “I Heart Ugg”, a new line of footwear, loungewear, accessories and handbags.
- Vivienne Westwood’s new uniforms for Virgin Atlantic were unveiled on Wednesday.
- Guess founder Georges Marciano returns to fashion with GM, his own denim focused clothing line.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that football boots originally weighed half a kilo (double that weight when they were wet), and often had steel toe-caps and tacks as cleats? This type of shoe continued to be the norm for about 30 years until the game started to gain popularity outside of Europe.