- Last Friday 20 percent of ASOS’ stock was damaged in a large fire. Website ordering was suspended over the weekend, and police have launched a criminal investigation as arson is suspected.
- Sam Edelman is branching out into apparel. Here’s a short preview of the first collection.
- GU, a Uniqlo sister brand, is planning to offer a test-drive option that allows customers to try clothes and take them out of the store for a day before making a purchase decision.
- Sales of loom bracelets are up over 300 percent after Kate Middleton sported one during the royal trip Down Under in April.
- Here’s the next fashion collab: Alexa Chung is designing a 20-piece collection for denim brand Adriano Goldschmied.
- Nordstrom is planning to integrate its Wanelo page (a social shopping site) via TV screens in the juniors’ section of 107 of its brick-and-mortar stores.
- For the Scandal fans: Kerry Washington has helped design an Olivia Pope-inspired clothing line for The Limited.
- Brooks Brothers has appointed Zac Posen as creative director for its women’s mainline collection and accessories lines.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that ASOS stands for As Seen On Screen, and that the original idea behind the now extremely popular online store — the website went live in March 2000 — was to start an “internet business where people could find clothes or accessories they had seen celebs wearing”?