- If you’re interested in the history of fashion, and you find yourself in Paris over the next couple of months, then these three exhibitions will be a triple treat.
- And another fun exhibit. Downton Abbey fans can go check out memorable costumes from the series in Delaware.
- This month Gap rolled out its “Reserve In Store” programme to all US stores.
- In France, shoppers can now buy Comptoir des Cotonniers items from 10,000 locations by using Bluetooth technology.
- Vogue becomes the first fashion print publication to make its Instagram feed shoppable. Other print mags are bound to follow soon.
- Next month, British fashion brand Ted Baker is bringing out a bespoke collection of audio products.
- For the men in your life: Tom Ford is doing sneaker chic this Fall with high-end sneakers handmade in Italy.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Elsa Schiaparelli was the first fashion designer to appear on the cover of Time magazine. She made the cover in 1934. Sophie Gimbel, the lead fashion designer for Saks Fifth Avenue’s Salon Moderne, became the first American designer to grace the cover (1947).