Vancouver (Canada) is as good a shopping destination for gents as it is for ladies. Bearing in mind that boys need to buy better, my selection of top shopping destinations for gents is a little more high-end then those for ladies. “Throw away” fashion is not for men who need to hold on to their items for more than a season. Quality is therefore of utmost importance.
Hot shopping spots for gents in Vancouver:
- Mexx – A trendy Dutch based chain that caters to the contemporary yet practical and sophisticated man. The Dutch are officially the tallest people in the world and as a result, pant lengths and top lengths are a bit longer then the norm. Their smart casual items are especially strong.
- French Connection – A British-based high fashion chain store that offers an urban and edgy lifestyle of clothing. The quality is superb and the look outstanding. I was most impressed with what I saw there this season, and their service was excellent.
- Esprit – A German-based commercial chain store that offers excellent contemporary casual basics with a sporty flavour. Shirting and knitwear are especially good here.
- Hudson Bay – A Canadian-based department store that is not unlike Macy’s in the US. Their basement level is an absolute goldmine for menswear, featuring affordable brands such as Springfield (Spanish), Code Bleu (Canadian) and Point Zero (British). There is a lot to see and the risk of becoming overwhelmed is high. But bargains are plentiful and it’s well worth a look if you have a bit of time.
- Aldo’s & Feet First – Good places for mainstream shoe selections. Fashion sneakers and casual slip-ons are in wide assortment.
- Club Monaco – A Canadian-based high fashion chain store that offers trendy clothing for gentlemen who are fairly slim. Cuts are narrow and styles are hip. It’s a nice place to shop if you enjoy flirting with fashion.
- Harry Rosen – An ultra swanky Canadian department store for men. It offers the best in branded merchandise such as Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein and Armani. It covers all lifestyles from suiting to casual wear, and is my number one shopping hot spot for gents over the age of 30 who are happy to spend a bit extra. Their merchandise is modern, sophisticated and distinguished. The staff, like their clothing, is impeccable. Your shopping experience will be a beautiful one.
All of these stores are either on or within walking distance of Robson Street. Have fun shopping in this super city.