It isn’t always easy finding a pair of jeans when you are a pretty pear. Here are three important style features that will help to narrow your search:
- A contoured waistband which starts higher on your bottom and dips down lower in front is essential. This feature will mould your curvy bottom and prevent baggy fabric buildup at crotch point.
- Just enough ease on the thigh area for a flattering “skimming effect”. Too much ease on the thighs will make you look bigger than you are so keep your fit fairly snug.
- Boot cut or flared leg openings automatically balance out your larger bottom with your smaller top. Straight and tapered leg openings will have the opposite effect, so stay clear of them.
If the back waistband of your jeans still stands away from the small of your back, invest in having them altered. This can cost anything from $13 to $30. It’s worth the expense because when they fit you perfectly you’ll feel fabulous every time you put them on.
After dressing many pretty pears, below are my recommendations for the best American jeans brands and fits for this body type. Bear in mind that pretty pear-shapes are not created equally. Some woman carry their curves on their thighs, others on their bottom, and some in both areas. You might find that you’ll need to try on a few of these brands before you find that perfect pair:
- Lucky “Easy Riders”
- Lucky “Sweet ‘n Low”
- AG “Club”
- Paige Premium “Robertson”
- DKNY “Soho”
- Calvin Klein “classic boot cuts”
- Joes “ the honey”
If you have a brand and cut that you would recommend for pretty pears, I’d love to hear about it in the comments. Enjoy your deliciously feminine physique!
Lucky “Easy Riders”, AG “Clubs” and Paige Premium “Robertsons”, all available at department stores.