So I stopped at a shoe store today. It's a small town, so it was a only a Shoe Department. I walked out with 2 pairs of shoes, both on sale. When I got home, I tried on most of my shoes and boots I already have. There were many casualties.
1) The black Dr. Scholls? Not attractive, but soooooooo comfortable. They'll be fine for wearing around the house or work. They are a wide width, with plenty of room for my pinky toe to do whatever it is my pinky toe is doing in there LOL
2 & 3) The white pair is from a brand called Scrubs. It's made out of some sort of neoprene or something, nice and stretchy. They are medium width; yet they're wide across the area that needs it, narrow enough at the heel that they don't slide up & down. They are shaped like LaPed was talking about, wider on the pinky toe side. They're comfortable and extremely light weight. The soles are a squishy foam, the insert is waffled, so it kind of massages my feet.
On to my closet. Definitely keeping:
4) pink Steve Maddens. They are a medium width; yet they're sort of wide exactly where they need to be wide.
5) JSlides. They run wide, apparently.
6) Bloch dance shoes (thrift shop find, unworn, super cheap). They're cotton, so they feel like socks; but they have a split sole (heel and ball/toes) but nothing under the arch. So they're reeeeeeeally like a sock with some grip tape on the parts that carry weight, which is sort of divine on my feet. I'm supposed to sign up for a belly dance class, so they might actually get used for dance sometimes too!
7) Taryn Rose sneaker type slip-on shoes. Ridiculously, insanely comfortable.
8 & 9) my Frye slip-ons. These were another thrift shop find, unworn. Who on earth is giving away all these unworn shoes? I seriously paid $4 + tax for a pair of new without tags/box Frye shoes.
My Aerosoles & Bella Vita sneakers (first 2 finds) make my feet happy (Angie was spot on with her recommendation that I check out the Bella Vita brand, I already have some that work for my crazy pinky toe LOL)
10) There were casualties, some of them heartbreaking. 2 pairs of Cole Haan mules, Ferragamo pumps (third find), my bright yellow Fila plimsoll sneakers, Donald J Pliner ankle booties, Chelsea boots (fourth find), and the hardest one of all?
11) Those cowboy ankle booties y'all convinced me to keep. My pinky toe is still hurting enough that I could tell my feet don't like those booties at all, so they have to go. I'm about to box them up (along with the rest of that pile of dead soldiers) and get them loaded in my truck for the next trip I make to town. I've left my tall shaft boot collection alone for now, because it's so freaking hot that I can't even think about putting on an actual full boot I will asses those sometime around Christmas when it starts to cool off in Texas LOL
Thank you all for the advice, suggestions, and tips! It was all very helpful as I tried on shoes at the shoe store. It will be super helpful in the future when my current shoes start getting worn out, and I have to shop for new shoes. Super grateful to have such a wonderful community of fab fashionistas so willing to share their experiences with me when I need help XOXOXOXOXO
This post has 11 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.