Carla started a trend! Thanks for the brilliant idea, Carla.
A few from my archives.
1. Very first WIW photo. June 2011. So...all items except the cardigan and shoes, thrifted. Wearing my worst colour (orange) as an experiment. The outfit was not a success. Even so...some constants:
- Cropped pants (I was wearing them even before Angie would tolerate them, LOL!)
- 3 pieces.
- Daytime sparkle! (The top has sparkly threads).
- Ecco shoes. (Those slides were soooooo dated at the time. Did I know? Nope.
3. March, 2012. Mustard bag with blues and cool tones!
4. October, 2012: Fuchsia jacket. This was the "gateway drug" -- cheap as chips from H&M (literally -- $10) as an experiment. I learned that I adored wearing a bright jacket.
5. October, 2019: Fuchsia jacket and mustard bag!
6. April, 2012: Stripes, red, and denim jacket. The denim jacket is still in my closet all these years later. It was one of my first YLF purchases and has stood the test of time.
7. Here it is in July 2019.
8. July 2013: the power of a black jacket, something sparkly, denim, and statement boots.
9 and 10. Dec. 2019. Ditto!
11. Jean jacket again, this time with Zara shorts -- 2014...
12. ...and 2016...
I could go on and on and on..I didn't even get to the "big collar coat" photos or the "military detailing coat" photos -- there are a series of those, too.
The constants are clear to me, though. Blue (duh!). White. Brights as accents (mostly red and fuchsia.) Love of a 3rd piece (mostly jackets but cardigans in a pinch). Stripes and some florals.
Jenni has broken down the number of items still in her wardrobe from pre-YLF days and early YLF days. I don't have any from pre-YLF days since I changed size significantly. But I do have a handful from early YLF days (denim jacket included) and, as you see, many items last for 5 years or more in the closet and get worn either in new ways or the same way....
Thanks all of you for patiently helping me to refine my style and special thanks to Angie for starting me off with a haircut and supporting all my experiments!
This post has 13 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.