I'm alive, and I bought a thing! Actually, I bought several things, but the most important thing is THIS EMBROIDERED, CROPPED, FAUX LEATHER JACKET from Torrid. It's my new signature wardrobe item. It's my gift to myself for surviving the toughest year of my life.
I actually had to run a Google search to find it because they're completely sold out. Which is unsurprising, because look at it! It has roses on it! And little knobby knobs! And it's asymmetrical! And trendy and maximal in a way that works for me!
I'm hoping to post some new outfits here soon, but life has been absurdly busy. I just wanted to share my excitement with y'all because I knew you'd understand.
Other recent purchases:
- A few new tees, including a Labyrinth one, because Bowie!
- A black and blue plaid button down blouse, which is my version of a classic button up shirt because the softer material is kinder to my large bust.
- A dark denim shirt from the men's section at Target.
- A new pair of Converse because my old ones are about to bite the dust--this time I opted for red high-tops.
- A cropped denim vest, which has been on my wish list for a hot minute.
- A fun, black and white striped casual dress with a handkerchief hem and a lace-up neckline.
- Yet another cap for my collection, because I am addicted to them--this one's solid black and looks like the one George R.R. Martin wears, if you're familiar.
- A new pair of boot cut jeans, because they're an essential item for me and my other pair was fraying at the hem and I needed a more polished looking pair.
- Three new bras, including another copy of my favorite one.
- New makeup, including the Too-Faced Sweet Peach eye palette, because why settle for makeup that doesn't smell as delicious as it looks?
A lot has happened in my personal life, too. I fell in love with my best friend who's a trans woman, which made me realize I'm really gay, and now we're in a polyamorous relationship and kicking societal expectations to the curb. I'm continuing to kick butt at this whole adult student thing--I'm actually a teaching assistant this semester and absolutely loving it! I've made a lot of new friends and been more social than I think I've ever been. I've been saying YES to things. I've been paying attention to my body's signals that I need to rest and not over-exerting myself. I've been discovering new music. I'm planning to travel to Spain (and maybe France and Italy, if it pans out) next summer. I'm about to turn 25 and I'm psyched for the second half of my twenties.
Life is so good right now. I'm so happy. And that's what the new jacket represents to me--knowing myself well enough to see it, know it'd be perfect for me, and just letting myself have it instead of trying to talk myself out of it. I'm not usually an emotional shopper. I'm the person who plans out exactly what I need and will wait years for exactly the right version of an item I want. This was the once in a decade or so item that gripped me and wouldn't let go. It's this one item that sums up my personal style perfectly. It's tough, pretty, arty, edgy, and practical, all at once. And I absolutely love it.
This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.