Two of my spring/summer workhorse sandals are past it. One pair (lilac cork wedges made by Rieker, 2012) have been thrown out (six summers) and one pair (cognac sandal boots, 2014) are on their last legs. Here are some WIW featuring them.
I wore these sandals often
- with jeans
- with midi skirts
- with cropped pants
- with shorter dresses and midi dresses
They straddled the smart casual line well for me - and I liked the heels - sturdy but comfortable.
My other summer sandals are
- tan flat sandals (comfy but very casual)
- cream low wedges (good for smart dressy but not much walking)
- black chunky heel (too high for every day)
- pewter slides
I also have ( all are 2 plus years old and quite wearable but not pristine new)
- tan pointy flats
- gold ballet flats
- silver loafers
- white leather sneakers
I also have evening sandals and athletic options.
- I am wanting to add one or two pairs only to replace these sandals.
- I would like tan or cognac to match a new second hand bag as a first priority.
- I prefer plainer sandals and shoes without too many bells and whistles.
- My feet are not terribly fussy - straps that cut in are my main issue
- I do like a small heel especially for midi's - 1-2.5 inches
- My feet get really hot in summer - so covered shoes are not great unless I can wear socks.
- I like my footwear to have longevity - I mostly walk in trainers - but I might walk to the shops occasionally in these sandals.
1) Is the sandal boot waning - I would still wear it - but would I buy it?
2) A wedge is super comfortable and practical but again is it a bit dated?
3) Perforated Oxfords?
4) Mules? I think this would only be if I get two pairs.
What would you recommend?
Thanks in advance
(excuse the beach hair and packing scene in photo 2)
This post has 2 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.