I have this coat. It zips but the fit is bad on the bottom - it pulls. I bought it a while ago and kept it despite knowing this, and talked myself into thinking the pulling doesn't look that bad. I decided in late Fall to keep it for another year and prioritize replacing it next year. I get lots of compliments on the color

The fit does look that bad, though. I had a good look in a mirror today, a better look than I've had in a long time.  I can't ignore it anymore. The weight of this coat makes it my go-to option for weather of about 40-50 degrees, which is the temperature range for so much of my winter this year. Other options I have are a bit too heavy or light for that sweet spot, including my new topcoat.

I didn't budget or plan for this purchase but I suddenly have a strong desire to try to replace it if I can, even though pickings are slim. I did find a wool trench coat on sale on Nordstrom. I like it, but it's probably not my dream replacement because it's navy rather than a bright - not that navy would be unwelcome

There's no point pushing this purchase off till March (new budget month) - if I want to replace it, I should swallow the purchase price and do it NOW. The other options are to suck it up and wait as I had planned, and either use the coat anyway or try to avoid using it. What would you all do in my place?

ETA: Per comments below, I am trying a coat fro Talbots that reminds me in color of a coat I used to have and miss. If that doesn't work out, I'll likely wait and start looking at NAS. I will NOT settle this time.