I found some good keepers, a few of which have already been worn and enjoyed!
1. Zella purple top - great easy piece that goes for a hike (got to remember sunscreen on the back though!) and then a casual dinner without looking overly gearish. Wore in Maine for a hiking/exploring day.
2. Vero Moda floral skirt — a bit “happier” print that is typically my preference, but styling it with a moody black or graphic tee supporting act renders it less sweet, making it work for me. Cool and breezy enough for my summer climate but could work in cooler weather with jackets and boots as well. Already worn once.
3. Herschel floral backpack. I haven’t used it yet but it’s a really fun piece for a very affordable price, so I succumbed. I adore the print — I actually have a windbreaker in the same print which I got at TJMaxx months ago and has achieved workhorse status.
4. Mixed media trench. This one still has tags on, waiting in the coat closet for deep fall — the final assessment will be made then, but it’s not like any of my other coats and I’m eager to wear it, so I’m pretty confident it’s a keeper.
5. The famous Z&V printed blouse. I took this with me to Maine as a just-in-case dressier item, and actually had two wearing opportunities. One evening one of my fellow workshop participants hosted our little group at her beautiful home for a pizza party dinner, and I wore this with boyfriend jeans, a white tank underneath, and white sandals. I wore it again for the final night dinner of all the students and workshop faculty (four other groups were on campus at the same time), so this top has already earned a couple of wears!
As usually happens, I also ended up with a couple of non-NAS items. One has already been worn and enjoyed— a gauze shirt from Rails that is great for cool coverage (something I’m increasingly appreciating if I can tolerate a long sleeve in the heat).
And these boots from Vagabond are up for assessment. I love the ankle fit and stompy vibe for when the cooler weather arrives, particularly to wear with skirts, but they were a bit short in my usual size 8 and only come in full sizes. The 9s need to be tried on with insoles to see if I can make them work.