I am always interested in looking over essentials lists! Keeping this short so that it won’t crash before I post. Here are my current essentials:
(My signature colors tend to be forest green, cobalt, burgundy, and now olive; Black has become my primary neutral.)
• Moto jackets or open pleather jackets with a fun detail such as a signature color (forest green, burgundy) or cut (peplum back.) This is an easier top layer for me than most blazers and carries me through much of the year under a coat or as a topper on its own.
• Slim or skinny jeans in a signature color or black.
• A solid dark green fit and flare or sheath dress. An easy base to pair with a jacket, shoes, and a statement scarf or necklace.
• Trench raincoat in a signature color
• Wool coat in a signature color
• This mixed media tee. I gradually brought all 5 of these colors, though the black and cobalt are worn more often. Super easy to dress down with casual pants, tuck into jeans, or dress up a bit tucked into nicer pants or skirt with a jacket.
• Low, chunky, ultra-comfy pumps or wedges
• Long beaded necklace
• Suede double-zippered booties
• Soft, floaty blouse (pussycat bow or bell sleeve)
• Knitwear in a signature color with fun details such as a cool print or zipper detail