Hi! Question on Maxi dresses. Are they ever okay for work? I work in technology in marketing. I see a range of outfits at work from business casual to jeans and tee shirts. I tend more toward business casual (no distressed jeans, white denim ok)
Not sure I want to invest in a maxi dress or not. It's cute, comfortable and looks good on me.
Maxi dress pros:
- Flattering on me, I am average height.
- Looks ok with a moto jacket and casual wedge sandals, more casual with a denim jacket
- Nice for cool summer evenings, when jeans are too warm during the day (although we're having fewer of those in the Seattle lately)
- It screams dowdy if you try to put a blazer over it.
- I don't want to invest in an item with limited wear if Maxi dresses are on their way out.