So. It's 32C today and I am trying on winter coats on our front porch while the neighbours give me funny looks. BUT!
- Suz's post yesterday got me thinking about my coat capsule, which I set a goal to refresh this year
- I have 6 J Crew coats winging their way to me as we speak that I will need to decide on (I will keep 0 - 2).
So! without further ado, here are my existing winter coats. They are all 6-10 years old and well worn. But they fit well (I think), are good quality, don't look worn and I like each of them. I am loathe to replace them unless they look outdated or worn. BUT I do want to look current, so if these look dated or not flattering in any way, PLEASE let me know and I will pass them on.
1) My Santa Coat - a splurge from probably 8 - 10 years ago. This coat is great quality (wool/cashmere blend) and I have worn the heck out of it, and though it is looking a bit tired, I think a dry clean will bring it back to life. What do you think? Does it look dated? Does it suit me? I'm happy to pass it on if need be.
2) Dove grey herringbone - a Soia & Kyo coat, probably 7-8 years old, but I love the herringbone and the contrast lining, and this one is also great quality. Again? Does it look outdated? Does it suit me?
3) Camel Pea Coat - this is a fall one that I have had in storage for few years because it was too short to be current, but I have held onto it because of he phenomenal fabric and fit. I know the colour doesn't do much for me, but i can fix that with a coloured scarf. Does it still look outdated? If so I will put it away for another year.
I also have a cobalt blue wool parka from BR from last year that is great and that I am keeping, so no need to try that on.
I will try on the new coats as they arrive, but I wanted your thoughts on these first.
This post has 9 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.