It was my mothers 90th birthday a few days before Xmas so we had arranged as a family to go for Champagne afternoon tea.As l live 4/5 hours away from my mum l booked it all on line without having the opportunity to look at the venue before hand but we could not have been more delighted.We had a wonderful relaxed afternoon in front of a log fire and watched the sun go down over the lake outside the window.

I thought you might enjoy a few photos of the day.
Before we went l was in a dilemma over what to wear.l don’t know if it’s a post pandemic thing or what but most of my special occasion wear is black and l never seem to wear it now.Also black seemed abit somber for the event.ln the end l bought a pair of sequinned trousers from H and M on a blogger’s recommendation and l could not have been more pleased with them .l teamed them with a very old (25 years) cardigan some equally old heels and pearl jewellry.l got quite a few compliments!
and l felt appropriate and nice for the day without spending a fortune on something that l wouldn’t wear agai
#1 The trousers and my DD back from Germany for Xmas !
#2/3/4/5/6/7/8 the hotel in all its Xmas glory

Thanks for looking.

This post has 8 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.