Hi all, I loved Carla's lipstick thread and was also amused that Joy had one lipstick the same as me "Kiss Me Coral" and also one that I like and had bought my best friend for Christmas "Wine With Everything". So for fun and interest I've been photographing my lipsticks! I see I've still managed to accidentally duplicate 3 pink ones. Partly as I bought 3 for the price of 2 Revlons at Christmas to give my friend her gift cost-effectively. I took my 2 favourite almost finished corals with me and put them on my hand with a lip brush then compared. "Kiss Me Coral" was so close so yay I could chuck the old ones. And I saw then the perfect gift for my wine-loving friend. So to make up the 3 I thought I'd find a pink I love. I partly choose on names I like too. "Gentlemen Prefer Pink" is reminiscent of the movie "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" which I've enjoyed. Marilyn Monroe singing "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" is a lovely historical forerunner to Madonna singing "Material Girl"-do watch them one after the other if you never have. And as I've never had the good fortune to be a blonde again since the age of 6 then referencing "having more fun" in lipstick instead is a nod to it!
My other new favourites are an Australian brand called Natio. I've replaced my best warm red that was Maybelline "Toasted Almond" with Natio "Playful". And am in the process of replacing my fave my-lips-but-better Max Factor "Penny Candy" with Natio "Sienna". Taking the old tubes to the store works so well. I didn't mean to end up with 3 such similar warm pinks though. Guess I won't need any for a while. "Misty Mauve" was inherited from a daughter I think, but "Carnation" was picked by me and seems very similar to the new "Gentlemen Prefer Pink".
Pics 1-3 old, on way out.
Pics 4-5 new replacement.
Pics 6-7 new coral/orange
Pics 8-9 new warm red
Pics 10-11 my shocking pink or fuchsia
Pics 12-17 accidental pink duplicates.
I will end up with 7 soon. It feels about right? Maybe too many with the similar pinks.
How many do you have? And do you have almost duplicates?
Plus do you have fun with the names too?

This post has 17 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.