I love the Frame jeans with staggered hems, but decided this was a look I could easily accomplish for myself and get the length right for my height. I found these Vigoss black skinnies at the thrift store for $5. As a bonus, they were waxed at some point, so I think will be less vulnerable to fraying. A pair of scissors, a few chops, and voila! Trendy denim look at a FRACTION of the price.

I'm showing them with the sparkly Zara boots Suz was kind enough to obtain for me since I'm off work this week and hanging around the house What do you think of the chop ratio? Should I go more cropped in length? Feedback welcome!

ETA: Chopped a lot more! It's hard getting RATE perfect but this is a more likely shoe situation. Better? Go shorter?

ETA #2: I ended up chopping a little more. I also discovered that cutting the front in a very slight arch (like a half-tuck) is more flattering than straight across. Final (for now!) pics added!

This post has 6 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.