Green grass, green trees and bushes! Couldn't feast my eyes enough during the week in Chicago and St. Louis. Back home to plant-singeing heat and mostly dead lawns. But wait! It's time to think about the fall wardrobe! Of course it is.

Because I stayed indoors, I started going through drawers and the spare closet and pulling out some transitional items. So far all in good shape and still fit, although I was afraid the latter wouldn't be the case. Forget NAS--it's over, but now we have end of summer sales. So I ordered a few things.

Still have that NAS purple blazer on my mind and decided to try it. And after the discussion on burgundy and looking at my purple plum clothes, I need to try a pair of eggplant jeans, right?

And there's the UPS truck! Let's see if that LL Bean top I got last year--nice fabric and fit, but I don't like the print--will be saved. Yes, it will work. I'm sure the jeans will fit.

Haven't bought much from EF lately, but now that we are going to more events, I feel I need a pair of dressier black pants. And you can never have too many pairs of walking shoes can you? This pair of sale Ecco's seem like they'll work.

The rest of the items will arrive next week. If I remember right, someone here bought the 1.State blazer. If so, or any of the other items, how are they working for you?

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.