I cannot begin to thank you, Lynn, for such an excellent explanation of fit. It truly is giving me lots and lots to think about. Hope your recovery is progressing well.

Interesting Sarah.

Tanstaafl -- After wearing the sweater for more than 12 hours, I concluded I like it. It fits. The problem is that when I bend I expose a 1" sliver of flesh along my back side. Although I did not realize this prior to today, I was acutely aware of it all day today. I will be washing it and placing it in the donate pile.

I agree, Toban. I am going to start hitting the mall on a regular basis starting in February. The mall is literally half way between work and my home. Stopping will be fun.

Thanks, Angie. I am really glad you stopped by. Your advice is so insightful.

Rambling Ann -- I have consciously decided to pull out and experiment with problem pieces in my wardrobe. That accounts for the high number of items either begin donated or retired.

You should be fine then, Joy. I'm the one that has the short window of wear for velvet.

My pleasure. I REALLY like you in your dressier work outfits with the jewellery.

Have you posted your style goals on the blog post, Sterling? It would great if you could do that.

Wowsa! I want Lynn to come to my house (I’ll provide the ice) and evaluate my garments! Everyone is posting such good info, I have nothing to add other then the pale sweater while being thicker, is also more body con. I think it is very flattering, and moving into ‘sexy’ category. It is totally appropriate, but maybe not your comfort level?

Hi Sterling. I echo what Angie said about your sweater outfit. Are you sure about donating? How high is the rise on your pants? Sometimes that can make a difference to the "sliver" issue. On the other hand, sometimes just one inch too short can be enough to make an item wrong!

Thank you, Angie. I will post my style goals today. I appreciate your support and your reminder.

RunCarla -- I wanted it to be my comfort level when I bought it!!! And

Brooklyn -- I hadn't thought about trying it with other pants. Coincidently, I bought higher rise pants in 2017. I am currently homebound due to adverse weather. I'll have plenty of time to experiment for the next few days.

Day 17: We are house bound today due to inclement weather. Lounging clothing include oversized Kut from the Kloth jeans, Caslon long sleeve navy tee shirt, and a fleece topper. No scarfs or jewelry. Because I am starting to get sick, I might be in pajamas before too much longer.

On a positive note, I completed all of my scheduled work tasks and vacuumed the first floor.

I'm in loungewear also today, on a telework day. We only got about an 1" of snow in this storm, so it's not keeping me in. I hope you don't get sick!

Take care, Sterling! It's flu/bug season here, too.

House bound on Day 18. Slipped into the exact same clothes I was wearing yesterday (different socks). I'm thinking I am going nail this 30 x 30 thing ....

Below is a visual of my outfits in January. Note the repeats beginning on Saturday. I am literally wearing the same exact tee shirt and jeans (laundered every other day, air dried over night).

I am genuinely comfortable and happy. I have electricity. I have plenty of food. My head cold might be abating. YAY.

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

I hope that you are feeling better. Maybe one should have a sick and cold capsule with loose things with pockets, especially people like me who don't do pj's or loungewear. Something to think about as yhe flu is just getting started in this area.
You are nailing this challenge, although maybe not as you planned.
Today DH wants to drive into Denver to take DGS to the stock show, and scheduled it so I could go. It is supposed to snow but possibly get into the 60'sF first. I doubt the venue is heated. What to wear besides jeans and comfortable boots?

Sterling, great job updating with daily outfits despite being sick and in loungewear and the bad weather! Nothing wrong with repeats.

I have had a very busy couple of days at work and I have some difficulties keeping up with my goals to create a new outfit every single day without repeating items (to use as much of existing clothes in my closet as possible) and to take pictures. Today, I wore the same black suit as for three days ago. I will soon post yesterday's outfit. I will have to take the challenge in a slower tempo, but the goal is still to complete 30 new outfits as planed. Hope you are feeling well and looking forward to your next updates.

Sterling I hope you are feeling better. I am glad you found my post helpful. I love the record of your outfits- is that in the Stylebook app?

Sterling, I hope you are feeling better!

I admire your openness to letting your challenge evolve. I think that is ensuring you will get as much out of it as possible. Hats off to you.

I love how the Stylebook app is letting you see the patterns in what you wear. Have you thought about duplicating that blue shirt you have been wearing repeat?

Sterling your challenge is interesting, educational, thought provoking and inspiring to me on so many levels. Your insights are helpful to me and ones I will revisit, when I am ready to identify more challenges and set new goals for myself.
I hope you are feeling dramatically better! IMO having a capsule of cozy, “I need comforting” clothing is essential. We had a snow day on Wednesday. I was seizing the opportunity to hunker down and work on report cards. After showering I put on clean and super cozy pajamas. If I was going to work, I was going to feel toasty and hugged. As cozy as I was, something was not right. I was working, but felt off. Something was missing: my jewelry. I put on my diamond rings and added diamond earrings for good measure. My happiness factor went through the roof and I had a highly productive day!

About the v neck sweater, I’m just wondering whether it would work with a longish button down shirt under it? Preferably something quite thin and soft so as not to add bulk. That way you’d have all your waist covered and some colour at the top of the outfit where the collar comes out? OR you could wear a little scarf wrapped and tucked into the V. I think a fitted v neck in a neutral colour with plain pants will always need a third piece to make it work... just my opinion of course and I hope I’m not too blunt. It may work better with wide leg pants too, worth a try.
I find fit very difficult myself, so don’t wear fitted clothing at all as I get completely anxious that it looks too tight!
Best of luck on your journey and thanks for showing your outfit pics.

Thank you, everyone. Everything you write is therapy and makes me feel so much better.

Lynn -- that print came from Style Book. It is very tiny, but I get the information I need at a glance. I really like Style Book. Unfortunately, I have not been keeping up to date with it this past week.

Sarah -- I am the Queen of Duplication. However, I am currently taking Toban's advice and not duplicating any of my clothing at the moment. I do want to say that tee shirt is Caslon and one hundred percent cotton. Some people on the Forum have noted they do not care for this brand. I am the opposite. It is my favorite tee shirt. I just wish they had more colors that I liked. Right now, the pea coat is the only color that appeals to me.

Day 19: I will be wearing lounging clothes today. The bottoms are DKNY and the top is Uniqlo heatec. Neither are part of my 30 x 30 challenge. I add and subtract a fleece jacket as appropriate. Note that combination of black and navy. YAY.

This post has 3 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

Lovely loungewear. It’s super hard to resist duplication. I just bought this T-shirt from Athleta for my weekend/casual wear and now I want it in blue, too. I hadn’t realized it was available in blue when I bought it. I WILL resist, but oh, so tempted.

Very nice! I especially like your blue top and the colour combo rocks!

Thank you, Jussie. That is a brilliant idea. I'm not sure why I never thought of it before.

Thanks Katerina and Toban.

Sterling that makes sense re: avoiding duplication. I was going to say I will battle you for the title of Queen of Duplication but I guess I am properly the Queen of Cardigans.

Thank you for mentioning the brand of the tee. I have been looking for long-sleeve tees and having trouble finding ones that are not too see-through. I had not thought to check Nordstrom but I will now.

Yay for loungewear in your fave color scheme!

Sterling, I don’t know if this is helpful to you or not but increasingly I am trying to think of items in terms of being substitutes for each other rather than duplicates. I have the 2 striped tops below and the 2 black tops below. They are not duplicates but they are similar and can easily be substituted for each other. But the subtle differences allow for a little variety while still sharing the wear and resolving the laundry backup issues.

Brooklyn -- I fully intend to explore Uniqlo for some sleeveless tops. They are so versatile. Our office can get awfully hot and a sleeveless top is the perfect solution.

I hope you like the tee shirt as much as I do, Sarah. I find it incredibly "comforting" and I always feel good wearing it both at home and in public. I have bought both the long sleeve and the elbow length versions.

Day 20. Still a little sick, but definitely recovering. Drugs are our friend. I would like to leave the house today ... just to leave the house. I have a few very minor errands that will get me out. Depending on how I feel later today, I may go to the mall just to try on different sizes and cuts of pants. This is purely an exploratory trip.

When I get dressed I will pull from my existing 30 x 30. I will post pictures for a fit analysis.