Sometimes it never rains but it pours. It has been the case that I have been looking out for 3 wardrobe items
- a denim dress
- a black leather skirt
- full length jeans

The thing was, I was not sure of the details that I was looking for to be specific about what I wanted. I tried all sorts of denim dresses on, shirt dresses, ones with tiers and they did not feel right. It had got to the point where I thought that a denim dress was not for me, probably just too much denim.

Same thing with black leather skirts, pencil skirts felt too constrained or the style too dressy or sexy, which was not the vibe I was looking for… It was definitely a case of I’ll know it when I see it.

Wide leg jeans were a bust too, making me feel about 3 times wider than other jeans, but I wanted to get some new jeans that were not skinny, cropped or frayed at the hems and knew that if I was patient, I would find the right pair for me.

It was a bit of a shock to go into my favourite local boutique and find each of these items which are proving to be instant workhorses. I have not bought jeans in over a year, so I am glad I waited to find the right ones.

The item that has thrilled me the most is the denim dress, it is like it was made for me, the fit is perfect. It is by a young local designer Leo Lin and the quality is impeccable. I am wearing it with knits and tops layered under it, and when the weather warms up, will wear it as a dress.

For me, this was a good lesson in waiting…. I had almost pulled the trigger on items that would have been not quite right. I find increasingly, when it is right, I just know it. I have got to the point where I am being more fussy than ever about what I buy, whether it fits with my style and is something that I can wear often, because whilst I love dressy tailored clothing, my need for such items has disappeared and I just don’t need to dress like that often.

I really credit Angie and the YLF forum for helping me get to this point, as previously I was more of an emotional shopper, rather than having a list of practical items to look out for that would work for my lifestyle. Now I just have to wear the heck out of these three pieces!