I don't have many goals for 2024 as I'm happy with my wardrobe at this time. Thought of sharing with you the main ones, though.
1. No trends.
I love all things fashion and always curious about new things coming up. I used to think that I'm not too much into trends but use what fits with my personal style.
Last year I actually paid attention to what trendy things I bought and how successfully I incorporated them into my wardrobe. The result just confirmed what I suspected - I do not enjoy wearing trendy things. I'm not an early adopter and by the time I get an idea to buy something trendy, it is very popular where I live. I don't buy many trendy things but nevertheless, it's annoying to find myself so influenced!
Last year trendy purchases:
- Gazelle Adidas navy sneakers. Met my goal of additing navy footwear, were very comfortable but because of their trendiness every time I wore them, I looked like I wanted to be with "cool kids" which is laughable. Sold it on Poshmark
- Oversized blazer. I knew it was risky and although I wear almost exclusively oversized clothes, I avoid oversized blazers or outwear. Never wore and sold it on Poshmark.
- Striped hat with bright pink. Thought of adding bright color to my winter accessories but pink is just not me. Never worn, selling on Poshmark.
- Full length wide pants. Bought two, one for each season. They are classic but I still struggle to style them in my own way. Keeping both and will work more on styling. I acknowledge that it is difficult for me to switch from cropped pants to full length, I need to find good outfit proportions for it.
- Trendy color. Well, it actually happened a few years ago when camel/caramel was everywhere. This is too warm color for me but I bought into it. Sold the last of it on Poshmark this year aside from 2 sweaters because I like the cut.
2. No duplications
I got better with restraining myself from buying duplicates. I bought a brown linen dress last year but not because of a trendy brown color, it was a duplicate of a black one and only available in brown. Love them both but could do with only the black one. Duplicated a t-shirt on sale from COS , I bought the first one second hand. Do I need two? Clearly, I should try harder.
3. Continue editing wardrobe.
I will be reevaluating my spring/summer wardrobe and selling items that didn't make a cut/don't properly fit.

I have a handful of items on my shopping list. Some replacement (black silk pants and an evening purse). Some new (grey winter wool coat and white summer dress). Some of them are in the HEWI category and I'm not expecting to find everything. But I'm looking forward to see what is out there and to have fun.

I know opinions on trends and duplication are varied on the Forum. Please, share yours if you feel comfortable.