Long post ahead!

2024 fashion goals:

1) Put all my purchases in Finds (with the exception of undergarments and workout gear), and make monthly posts about my purchases. I really enjoyed Style Fan's monthly series a couple of years ago about how she made slow, thoughtful additions to her wardrobe. I want to keep myself honest about how much I actually shop - and keep! Which brings me to the next goal

2) Cut down on return churn. My wardrobe is in really good shape, so I'm at the point where I am ordering things I already own or have already rejected - not the literal exact same items, but variations on themes. I need to order less and more thoughtfully instead of chasing the thrill of the buy.

3) Shop from a list that includes NOs - this has already come in handy in that once I wrote down "something houndstooth" next to "guitar strap" I realized I could have a houndstooth guitar strap, lol! On the negative side, the NOs include not ordering jewelry from small makers online - although I enjoy the process and supporting the artisans, it's really hard to judge whether I will like the items on me in reality.

4) Continue making use of Finds to keep myself honest and build collections - seeing everything together helps me see how things work together, what's missing and what's already plentiful. I'm going to Costa Rica in May and have already ordered a couple of things - which is part of the fun of anticipating the trip! - but looking at things all together helped me realize I should consider a solid colour swimsuit next, as I have many patterned cover ups & swim tops already.

5) Learn better hair and makeup skills.

Returns: With respect to goal #2, this month I returned a blazer (perfectly nice but just not different enough from one I already have), a pair of carpenter jeans (I don't have any yet, but decided there's probably going to be something better coming - of course my favourite pair from the 90s set a high bar, lol!), and a Soia & Kyo wool coat of what I call sweater type - unlined, quite soft. I realized I had already ordered a previous season's version of the coat, assuming these pricy wool coats will be lined, structured in the shoulder, etc, but these are a different style and not what I want! I need to read between the lines a bit more to save myself return churn.

Purchases: in Finds, plus a gym gear refresh from Joe Fresh (5 pieces, for a total of 9 items this month!). More than I anticipated for sure. I needed new gym gear and had tried hard to find better quality/nicer items but finally went with cheap and easy. It is my birthday month and I got a small cash gift that went towards the deeply discounted Lole sweats. I'm also excited about the Costa Rica trip plans coming together (I suggested to my 4 girlfriends that we all get matching kaftans, lol!). I had my eye on the Rod Beattie swimsuit top since Angie had a blog post about the line and things finely lined up for me to order it.