I've spent the last few weeks trying to come up with updated style descriptors and it's just evading me right now. Last year, my guide words were edgy, easy, and emotional, but I don't think that's quite where I am at the moment. 

Every since UmmLila talked about wearing a cape and being the "neighborhood sorceress," I've been enamored with that persona. I'm in a place right now where I don't feel compelled to match environmental norms and simply want to do what I like. I'm still feeling warm, earthy colors, botanical patterns, and plenty of black. Some days I want to layer on the pattern and texture and other days, I'm happy in the simplest of jeans and a plain top. 

In some ways, my goals are the opposite of what some other forum members have mentioned, which really goes to show that we're all in different places in any given year.

1. Beef up my options for when it's sunny and 72°. While others have mentioned needing to scale back on clothing for transitional weather, most of my wardrobe works well for either hot summer or chilly winter. That covers about 7 months of the year here. The other 5 months are comfortable and temperate and I actually have a pretty difficult time dressing for "it's nice out today."

2. Be more impulsive.  I know! The thing is, I instinctively know what I like and what's probably going to work for me. I'm practiced at seeking out my preferred colors, patterns, and fabrics. I also know my sustainability standards, which don’t go away when I purchase on impulse. My impulse purchases are almost always better than my most well-thought-out ones, so I want to let loose and trust myself.

3. Put together a travel capsule for Europe in spring. I need to curate a combination of new items and pieces already in my closet for a month-long trip.

4. Wear an apron when I cook. This one is so simple, but I always forget and I think being consistent will make a difference in terms of wardrobe care.

If anyone wants to have a go at style descriptor words, I'd love to hear it.  Otherwise, I may just go without this year.