Hi friends, brain starting to function again as I recover from jet lag (Angie - I don't know how you bounce back so quickly!) and thinking about some broad sweeps for 2023 (NO specific goals for me right now - as I tend to get too rigid in my thinking, so flexibility and following my gut is the name of the game).

Thinking about my essentials for this year (not sure I did this for 2022):

• Jeans - have been dark wash and slim for several years. I've played with some lighter washes and looser fits lately which has been fun and freeing. I still need to find my *current* version of this essential - thinking a mid wash in a non-skinny fit but that still has some structure to it. Will go for a big try-on in person when I have time. I had thought athleisure pants would be an additional essential category of pants but really they aren't - I still love my jeans for day to day!
  • Fine knit sweaters in neutrals and nearly neutrals - have been working on this a little, adding looser fits to make this more modern. Enjoying neutrals lately; not so much the nearly-neutrals, so those are on the back-burner for now (this is typical for this time of year). Have added a couple thicker knits for winter, but not sure these are essentials - more weather-dependent I'd say. Don't need much here and need to raise the bar on fit and quality for future purchases ...
  • Black puffer - revising this to neutral puffer - as my taupe one is fitting the bill just as handily as the black did. Neutral winter accessories in a contrasting color (currently black) are probably also essentials here.
  • Black boots - need to replace my Blondos. Have been saying this for ages but just not doing it lol. Considering dying my burgundy Blondos as I NEVER wear them and they feel like a waste. Not sure if they would take dye well - trip to shoemaker on my list!
  • Neutral sneakers (black, white) - check.
  • Black bag - still milking my H&M one but eyes out for similar style in better quality (structured cross-body in a slightly larger size).
  • Silver accessories - check.
  • Striped tops - would like to add a classic striped tee in a looser fit, and a new striped sweater.
  • Tees, white bottoms and other summer items - waiting for warmer weather to revisit this category.
I think that's it for essentials for now - just need to keep working on updates. Jeans is top priority but there is nothing urgent here!

Feedback always welcome! Thanks for letting me think this through here! xx