I'm a bit late sitting down to look back on my year, but I really wanted to take some time to do so before I started looking forward to 2024. I ended up purchasing 26 wardrobe items this past year, all of which you can see in the linked collection above. I've also put some specifically mentioned pieces down in Finds.

Not every piece has been a winner. It took a few wears for me to realize that the Vans I purchased weren't for me. They never did manage to break in. I can't seem to resist buying graphic tees, but I really don't wear them as much as I imagine I do. Over the past month or so, I've started wearing them for morning walks instead of as regular daywear, which I've really been enjoying!

I went back today to look at my 2023 style goals, because at this point they've long been forgotten. Here’s how they worked out.

1. Beef up my options for when it's sunny and 72°.

My solution for this has been to add a few lightweight, kimono-style toppers (see Finds). They're perfect for tossing over a silk or linen tank and make it easy to adapt to temperature fluctuations from day to night.

2. Be more impulsive.  

I bought a few GORGEOUS items, maybe not on impulse, but definitely on emotion rather than logic. My velvet crane duster and gold pleated cami dress aren't at all practical, but they're beautiful and make me happy. The silk crane kimono below was also such a purchase, in a museum gift store, and I don't regret it.

3. Put together a travel capsule for Europe in spring. 

My capsule was fantastic!

4. Wear an apron when I cook. 

Two aprons now hang at the entrance to my kitchen. I don't always remember to put them on, but I'm doing much better!

--

I didn't take as many outfit pics as I would have liked--just under one per week on average, but here are a few that made me happy to look back on.

This post has 8 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.