My shopping is not yet done for this year as I expect to receive some items bought in the last two days. But I can already conclude my experience in 2023.

This was a year of a big change for me, probably as monumental as 2015 when I overhauled my entire wardrobe.
In the late summer of 2023 I tried the waters of the online resale. And it became a success. I edited about a third of my wardrobe. I sold some, more posted and available for purchase, some summer clothes will be posted in 2024. This allowed me edit out shopping mistakes (not a lot) and not well fitted clothes. My clothes is in impeccable condition and not too difficult to sell, I don’t expect to return what was spent but it makes me happy to know that someone will enjoy wearing my clothes. I also experimented with buying second hand for myself with a mixed result. I have never been happier with my wardrobe.
I had to completely edit my shoe collection - last year injury made shoe fit even more challenging. I was able to resell some shoes and bought more than I thought I would have to.
Lessons of the year 2023:
- my goal to add more unique garments is not easy to achieve. Too expensive at the stores. Buying them on resale site is a lottery. It is too hard to judge the fit and mistakes are costly.
- maybe my goal should be adding uniqueness through accessories and shoes
Most bought from:
COS and Uniqlo

I look forward to the next year, hopefully I will continue to enjoy developing my style and discovering interesting pieces.

Here are my most used 2023 items. These are from a workhorse category.
COS tapered jeans (my new favorite style)
Uniqlo vest (travels well, fits nicely under outer layer and great on its own)
Muji linen dress (easy style, neckline fits me so well)
Uniqlo C grey pants (kind of ponte fabric with stitched creases, very comfortable and maybe my next travel pants)
H&M cashmere balaclava
Bao Bao bag (just makes every outfit better)

did you learn any lessons in 2023 and how do you think you did in 2023?

This post has 6 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.