What a weird year.

On fruit: I have always been a pear, but menopause had added broader shoulders and more chest, and then in the latest confusing development over the past few years I lost volume in my derrière. So for the first time in my adult life, I have the same number size jacket and pant. I figured out that with this configuration, oversized things and things without a defined waist make me look like a box. Before they made me look like a messy pyramid.

With the size changes I had been remixing current jackets with 2017’s pants. I decided to invest in my current size pants and dresses; 2017 me only had black and navy pants, not very many jeans and only DC
appropriate cocktail and black tie dresses. I didn’t increase my overall piece count, but I did completely blow through my budget adding color to my summer casual pant mix, adding jeans, adding more casual evening dresses, and replacing some really tired and very dressy clutches.

On ducks: My duck feet, after being the same size for decades, decided to spread out a bit just at the toes, and I am currently trying to figure out which shoes can be stretched and which need to be donated.

On 2024: I will likely be seeking new shoe brand recommendations for even duckier feet, and I still need to add color to my casual winter pants (currently all black), and add some holiday appropriate pants. Hopefully there won’t be any other major changes, but I have hit the shrinking years for women in my family, so next year I may be posting regret for having invested in my current sizes…. Or we could be back in a City and I’ll be regretting all the color….. Or we could have fled to the mountains and the only good dry cleaner is a three hour drive….. I’m sure there will be something.